Rapidstick 8-420 Structural Adhesive (All Substrates)
Rapidstick 8-420 Structural Adhesive
Rapidstick 8-420 Methacrylate Structural Adhesive is a versatile and convenient 10:1 dual component, 100% reactive, low shrinkage, high elongation formula, used for bonding an expansive array of metals, thermoplastics, thermosets, and composite assemblies, without the need for surface primers or conditioners.
8-420 offers an extremely strong, flexible bond, with excellent peel and sheer resistance, high fatigue endurance, and high impact strength – at both low and elevated temperatures. Its non-sagging and thixotropic formulation ensures that bonding can be undertaken quickly and from multiple angles within a working time of 3 to 4 minutes, achieving 80% ultimate strength in as little as 18 minutes.
This innovative new generation high grade blend of low-odour, non-flammable, and non-carcinogenic monomers further extends the progression into our Responsible Chemistry program.
8-420 is commonly used for:
- Bonding locators to ACM without read-though or witness marks
- Bonding mild steel frames to FRP, assuring high vibration and impact resistance
- Bonding fasteners to GRP and FRP moulded parts
- Bonding and laminating composite panels
- Composite and metal fabrication for seating construction
Specifications (refer to TDS for full details)
- Max Gap Fill: 3mm
- Viscosity: 250,000 – 300,000 Thixotropic
- Working Time: 3 – 4 mins
- Fixture Time: 7 – 10 mins
- Cure Time @ 80% Strength: 18 mins
- Temperature Range (°C): -55 to +120
- 8-420-5050ml 10:1 Dual CartridgeTBA
- 8-420-490490ml 10:1 Dual CartridgeTBA